Pages

2010-01-01

Much Anticipate Event

Well, the time has finally come! I have passed the construction site every day for the past year or so and waited for its completion with bated breath...haha. A little over dramatic maybe, but que cera. Anyway, the project is finally complete and the new library down the street from my house, literally walking distance (on a warm day...), is open for business!!!

Before now the only branch of the McKinney public library was in the historic area of McKinney, well across town. It wasn't the most convenient place for me, as it was in the opposite direction of anywhere I usually travel to. I would alway have to make a special trip if I ever went there. I ended up getting membership to libraries that extremely close to my office, in order to go there at lunch time. There is a branch of the Plano library a mile or so from my office, that has served that purpose. But now, with my shiny new McKinney branch open, I will be using it now for all my book borrowing needs. YAY! This site has the construction project information, with a brief timeline of events. Needless to say it is a welcome change for my neighborhood, and I greatly look forward to using it.
Oh, and for those counting...Happy New Year.
Cheers,

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful building. The new Mckinney only allows for State of the Art facilities. I had read that Mckinney and Frisco are really growing like Richardson and Plano used to be. Anyway enjoy it and Happy 2010!!

    ReplyDelete