Pages

2009-11-07

Ceiling Fan Plan


I've been meaning to discuss my long anticipated pair of ceiling fan replacements for a while now. However, as you see from my previous posts, a lot has come up unexpectedly that redirected my attention. Well, after a few nice weekends, I finally have a chance to make this post.

Basically, a couple of months ago I purchased 2 ceiling fans from Lowe's with the anticipation of replacing 2 fans that were installed in my house by the previous owner. The owner-installed fans were not really colored the way that I prefer and clash a bit with the furniture that I am using for the rooms.

The first fan, which is pictured here, is fairly identical to the one I put in my main bedroom when I first moved in. That fan was intended to replace the one in my library (third bedroom). The other fan, which is slightly larger, was meant to replace the fan in the living room.

Shortly after making the purchase I began installing the library fan. I installed it slowly and only a little bit at a time, as time was available. I was able to do this since that room is not a particularly heavy-traffic room. I finished it up about a week later, and it works great! I have not yet installed the living room fan, as it will need to be done all at once. What I plan to do is take some time when I'm off for Thanksgiving and do it then. I'll likely take the old one down one day, and then install the new one the next day, just so I don't have to commit such a large chunk of time all at once.

Well, anyway, that's the long-delayed ceiling fan news I had sitting in my 'out' box. So, in a few weeks I should have an update with the status of the second replacement. Until next time...
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment