Pages

2010-05-15

Aquarium Update


I figured I would update you all on the status of my aquarium.  Eric and I took the remaining fish to Plano Pets a couple of weeks ago, and I began the process of converting the tank.
This being the first time since I've had the tank that I've had a chance to completely clean it, I want to make sure and do it as thoroughly as possible before I begin fixing it up for the salamandar.

I began by taking out all the decorations, and emptying the water out:

I then removed all the gravel and cleaned the sides and bottom:

I am still in the process of cleaning the gravel.  It is taking a while because I am washing a sifter full at a time and allowing it to dry before putting it in the bucket for storage.  That's where I'm at right now, and I'll post more pictures as progress is made.
Cheers.

1 comment: